On my last monday in London I woke up early with Ellie to go to the Gym that we found and work out before she had to go to work.
I was excited because she was goign to teach me some of her swim stuff... not that I would be any good at it, but I love trying new things and especially when the people teaching me are extremely passionate about what they are teaching. I love when people have a passion in life.
But when we got to the pool there was A LOT of people and WE didn't really have a lot of time because ellie had to go to work at some point, so instead of slowing down her work out I just went to the gym. I miss the gym. I stayed for about an hour after Ellie had to go to work. :)
during the Day i headed back to the Camden Market to a tempt and buy the last few souvenirs I needed and use the rest of my pounds with out having it get more before I left. And I was successful :)
That Night Ellie and I went to our newest favorite Pub "lock tavern" in Camden to check out a band that her company is representing and Also meet the Lead singer of Mystery Jets (who her company is also representing) because he was the DJ for the night. The Band was really good. And There was another girl from AIU there who has been a huge fan on Mystery Jets for a few years and it was soooooooo funny watching her meet the lead singer. I think meeting him was the highlight of her London experience. haha
tuseday was my last day and soooooo sad :)
I just finished finished packing and then hung out in regents park and read a book all day. :) like any true Londoner would do. haha
that night we went out to Welcome Jolene back, say goodbye to me, and wish Ellie and happy 21st birthday!!!! (it washer birthday on wed.) It was a very very bitter sweet night.
Somehow Ellie got off work next day so we all just bad a blast.
Of course we went to our two favorite pubs. Lock Tavern and Camden head.
at Lock tavern there was this ma who was fascinated with my blonde hair. not sure why he picked my hair out of all the other blondes at the Pub but he kept coming up to me and stroking my hair.... running his fingers through it and rambling about how beautiful my hair was. It was really weird and creepy. He would just sneak up behind me and start stroking my head. He was our cue to head out and finish the night at Camden head.
And at camden head i met another interesting guy. Haha his name was Darryn and he was extremely sad that i was leaving in the morning. "some one as beautiful as you should not be allowed to leave England." haha. So at first we tried to think of ways in which i wouldn't have to leave and then he proposed to me. hahahahaah! then we spent the rest of the night planning our wedding and the names of our children. haha! I probably wouldn't have entertained it so long if i wasn't leaving in the morning but it was really hysterical. I ended up giving him my number too... haha it wasn't going to be my number anymore in less the 12 hours... so I figured no harm done. And he ended up sending me a funny funny text later on in the night saying how sad he was that i was leaving and that he will always still be here in London and that he really thought i had something special I should should embrace it. haha those British boys know how to use their words. My self confidence is going to take a take a huge dive in America.
I has to wake up early on Wednesday to leave And i had decided to try and take the tube by myself to the airport. This was super tricky with my two suitcases and a carry on. Being a girl come in super handy a lot. :) I don't think I ever really had to carry my own suitcase when it came to the many stairs i had to walk :) thank you British boys :) I took about 1.5-2 hours (i was told it would only take 1 so I was bit behind) for me to get to the airport. And then they had escalators so i could carry my own stuff.
I was about to step on the escalator when the Older lady in front of me must have tripped and fell backwards onto the escalator with her luggage tumbling on top of her. IT WAS THE SCARIEST THING! They stopped the escalator right away and everyone cleared off so the workers could help her. I felt so bad! she was all in a tissy and so worked up.... naturally.
Then i reached bag check in. I was a bit nervous because i only had an hour left before they closed bag check in for my flight and the lines were pretty long. Also I knew i had a bit of a weight issue... :) I was taking home mine and another girls art stuff which is very very heavy. I had plenty of room but those sketchbooks made it hard to keep my weight limit. I was able to pack under my weight limit for my checked bag but it made my carry ons pretty huge. SO i finally get to the front of the line and i have about 25 min left before bag check is closed. And the guy wants to weight my carry ons.... so of course i was over weight and he wanted me to pay lots of extra money... I wasn't really wanting to do that so i told him i would just try to go re-arrange and just pay for my checked bag to be over weight instead of all of them. So because i only had 15 min left I rushed through this process pretty fast and i'm positive that every one of my bags was over weight when i was finished. But because i had only a few min left to check in I found an attendant and she directed me to a line that just opened.. so i was the first one. Lucky me this nice lady didn't even weigh my bags at all. Not one of them. HAHA! YESSSS! :)
nothing too special happened on the plane. The beeper did go off on me in security and i had to get padded down... not too fun but at least it was a girl working.
lots of plane food and 8 hours later I arrived in Chicago :)
customs and baggage was fast and easy. I was out in no time.
My friend Anna surprised me at the airport with my mom and it was really exciting! :)
My mom thought it was funny that the first thing i noticed was how blue the sky was....
The sky is blue in London just not THAT blue and not ALL the time.
That night we went out to eat and I went to the Movie Despicable Me!!!! I was really excited to see this movie. It was hard to stay awake.... stupid jet-leg... but it was soooo good!
And Thursday i was thrown back into reality whit having to clean my stuff and re-pack to go back to school and move into my apartment by next wednesday. Lots to do! and so little time....
One thing i must mention about America..... Air conditioning. There is none in London. Well some. but hardly ever. And I missed it while i was there but being back home it is sooooooo weird to have it. It doesn't need to be THAT cold inside a restaurant does it? seriously I was shivering..... I forgot what AC was all about.... haha.
I already miss London a lot and I need to start planning the next time i will go :)
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment