Today in Life drawing we finished out oil paintings from last Monday.
We took the first three hours of class to do this. And then Robert let us leave for the last hour to work on our final projects. I'm not too sure how I feel about my painting. He could tell that I was not pleased and when he asked me why I wasn't sure what to say. It just wasn't looking the way I wanted it to. He said there is honestly nothing wrong with it.... I'm not sure why you are not satisfied.... I guess I at least matched her skin tones better this time and got rid of the yellow undertone....
Then I headed to the Imperial War museum for Survey.
Everything we focused on in this museum did not interest me at all. Except for one painting I was not allowed to take a picture off. What can I say... I like art better than planes and guns and missiles and anything else associated with war... :) It would have been cool if we focused on the Holocaust part of the museum. Or spent more time in the part that walked through the worst parts of war for London's history and walked throw the makeshift trench and learn more about it. but he really just rushed us through that part. :( And he said the Holocaust is too personal for some people to make it part of this class... which I guess I understand.
After class I went back to school to grab materials for my final drawing project so I could work on it at my flat. And my night has been dedicated to homework.... funny this is what we came here for.... oh yeah... school and homework. not fun and sightseeing. :( It's funny that it took this long for me to feel like i'm actually in school here. I've just been enjoying myself so much that the whole school part didn't really take a toll on me till now. Good thing my classes were enjoyable for me as well!
I have Loved London since I've been here, but now it is starting to actually feel like a home. Which creates two very strong opposite emotions within me.1) It makes me miss home and America and my family A TON!
and
2) It makes me want to live here for the rest of my life!
It's weird to have both of these feelings. I have been going back and forth about it all day.
WHY CAN'T ALL OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS JUST MOVE HERE?! :) I wish!



No comments:
Post a Comment