Okay so I'm starting a Blog to keep track of my adventures over the next 7 weeks while I am in Europe. :)
My whole life I have wanted to go to Europe and especially to Paris. I am so excited that I am old enough and have the resources to make my dreams become realities. It is such a surreal experience. I can not wait to get there!
Details:
-I am going on this trip with two of my girlfriends from college. Krista Farrell and Lorrie Von Ende. I am an Industrial Design Major, Krista is a Graphic Design Major, and Lorrie is an Interior Design Major. Considering we are all interested in the arts this trip will be the experience of a life time for us.
-We are leaving the US on Wednesday June 2nd. 4 MORE DAYS!!! :) And will be returning on July 21st.
-The first five weeks we will be living in the dorms at AIU London which is also where we will be taking classes.
-We are each taking two classes during these five weeks. Mine are Survey of British Museums and Life drawing.
I am very excited about the Survey class! It will count as an art history elective class for me, and I HATE art history. Sitting in dark lecture halls looking at picture after picture listening to the professor babble on and on is not fun!!! So I am very excited to have to opportunity to study art history in person and actually experience it instead of just hearing about it. However my life drawing class I am a little bit nervous for.... :/ I am sure I will be fine but I've never had to study and draw a human body before.... not to mention it will be a nude human body... hope that is not an awkward experience! Haha. It is a highly recommended class for any student perusing any form of art... so I guess we will see just have to see how it goes.
- The last two weeks of our trip we will be traveling all over Europe!!! Living in Hostels maybe doing some "couch hopping" (a service they have where families in Europe offer us a spot on their couch for a few days...) Thank God I am going with friends! I do not think I could do any of that by myself!
- We will also be taking a few weekend trips during the first 5 weeks so that we do not have to cram everything we want to see and everywhere we want to go into two weeks.
Here is a list of some of the places we would like to go (nothing is 100% certain yet):
-Paris, France (duh)
-Dublin, Ireland
-Barcelona, Spain
-Edinburgh, Scotland
-Venice, Italy
-Florence, Italy
-Rome, Italy
-Amsterdam, Netherlands
-Berlin, Germany
-Croatia
-Denmark
Clearly we want to do more than we have time for. So we are going to have to make some decisions. :/
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Are those in order from the most desired you'd like to see?
ReplyDeletehaha no.
ReplyDeleteit is honestly gonna be so hard to decide.
I can't even put them in order of what I want to see first!
but I do know the top priority on my personal list is Le Louvre. :)
It should be all sparkly for you :) When I was there in highschool part of the hall of mirrors was under construction :P Their tapestries and prints are so beautiful! I can't wait to hear more and see what you're up to! You should be in the air by now, have a safe flight!
ReplyDelete